Eat in Finland

First at all, It is important to say that I haven´t got used to the time to eat due to the fact that is so different in Mediterranean countries, in particular Spain where I was born in which the difference is even bigger. We usually eat at 15.00 pm, however, here is normal to start eating at 11 approximately so it's easy to imagine the shock for me when my charge nurse said to me to have lunch at that time instead of my usually time to eat. Nurses in hospital always was laughing in hospital because I said that here all the people is taller and bigger than Mediterranean people and they eat too many times in a day.


In addition, I realised that in my country people when are having lunch expend a lot of time after eating talking and drinking coffe or some drinks but here in Finland at work or house they eat faster and they don´t have after-eating as Spain, we called there to this thing as "sobremesa". Another big difference is that they drink milk in the lunch and for us this is too weird.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Giger y Davidhizar model (nursing and culture)

Dr L.Purnell and Paulanka model

Main theories about Culture and Society